Henryprofessor,Assignment is on Brain Injuries.Assignment 2: Discussion—Brain Scans and Application of Research
to Brain Injury
The past twenty years have seen advancements in technology that were critical to further understanding
concepts in cognitive psychology. Two such developments are positron emission tomography (PET) and
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. These scans allow researchers to “see” the brain in action.
Research how brain scans can diagnose injury and disease using the Internet and the Argosy University
online library resources. Based on your research, answer the following questions:
How do PET and MRI work?
If you were showing a person words while having an MRI, what brain areas would probably be
If a brain injury victim is unable to move the right arm, in which area of the brain would an MRI
scan most likely reveal damage?
What kind of scan do you think would be best in diagnosing Alzheimer’s disease?
How do the research tools (equipment and methodology) available today contribute to a greater
understanding of “conscious processes and immediate experience” than was possible using
trained introspection and structuralism?
PETs and MRIs also can diagnose head injuries. Consider the following scenario:
You are working at a Veterans Affairs (VA) hospital and meet with Allison. Allison is in the US Army and
has just returned home from a deployment. During her deployment, a bomb was thrown into a vehicle in
which she was riding. She was not severely injured but was told that she sustained a mild traumatic brain
Respond to the following:
Define TBI for Allison.
Describe any symptoms that Allison might experience.
How do you think the army should deal with these injuries? For example, if Allison is not
obviously physically impaired, should she be discharged and receive disability pay? Should she
be redeployed? If Allison stays in the army, what kinds of jobs do you think she should not
Write your initial response in 4–5 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Note from the Professor:
For the Module 1 Assignment 2 discussion, you may want to do an Internet search using the
following search terms: “traumatic brain injury” or “cognitive impairment in TBI” to find additional
resources for your discussion. Be sure to paraphrase into your own words for the purpose of the
discussion and give credit to your source by using in-text citations and a reference list in APA
format. An example is…
Newman, D., & Lequerica, A., (2010). Cognitive problems after traumatic brain injury, Model
Systems Knowledge Translation Center, retrieved July 13, 2016 from Brainline.org.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.