3. Calculating Payback. Global
Toys Inc., imposes a payback cutoff of three years for its international
investment projects. If the company has the following two projects available,
should it accept either of them?
Flow (A) Cash
0 -$55,000 -$95,000
1 19,000 18,000
2 27,000 26,000
3 24,000 28,000
4 9,000 260,000
4. Calculating AAR. You’re
trying to determine whether or not to expand your business by building a new
manufacturing plant. The plant has an installation cost of $14 million, which
will be depreciated straight-line to zero over its four-year life. If the plant
has projected net income of $1,253,000, $1,935,000, $1,738,000, and $1,310,000
over these four years, what is the project’s average accounting return (AAR)?
5. Calculating IRR. A
firm evaluates all of its projects by applying the IRR rule. If the required
return is 11 percent, should the firm accept the following project?
6. Calculating NPV. For
the cash flows in the previous problem, suppose the firm uses the NPV decision
rule. At a required return of 9 percent, should the firm accept this project?
What if the required return was 21 percent?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.