Challenges facing management in an organization.Report Presentation:
Learning outcomes to be examined in this assessment (please note that this is NOT the assessment task)
Analyze the internal and external influences on corporate objectives and strategy
Percentage of marks awarded for module:
This assignment is worth 60% of the total marks for the module
Page 1 of 5
Explanatory comments on the assessment criteria
Maximum marks for each section
Knowledge and Research (content, relevance, and originality)
Clear demonstration of rigorous research from recognised authoritative sources. Audience focus. Meeting the
Writing and Presentation (format, references or bibliography, and style)
Rigorous use of the Harvard Methodology for citation and referencing; page numbering; correct display of direct
Argument and Analysis (Critical analysis, evaluation, and application)
Constructive critical analysis, introduction, conclusion. Demonstration of a clear understanding of the issues. Use of
academic models. Full articulation of ideas developed. Offering well- argued solutions and/or alternatives if and
Page 2 of 5
The period 2014-2016 has been a difficult time for the energy sector due to the oil price drop. Companies have had
to achieve a balance between short term viability and maintaining their long term objectives and investments as the
oil price drop has impacted on profits and spending on projects. During times like this energy firms consider
different strategies which will help to stabilize or improve their position through either gaining access to new
markets, technology or resources. Merger and acquisition is one strategy that is used in the energy sector.
“The sharp decline in oil prices in the past year has put a damper on many big energy producers’ prospects, but that
hasn’t kept them from joining the gusher of mergers-and- acquisitions activity”. (Energy M&A Surges Despite Oil
Slump, Mattioli, D and D, Cimilluca, The Wall Street Journal, 2015)
Write a report critically analyzing how the strategy of merger and acquisition has been used in the energy sector
during the oil price drop of 2014 to 2016.
The report should include the application of two appropriate academic models. One academic model should focus on
internal and external factors. The other model used in the report should focus on strategy.
You should also consider the following when carrying out your research:
The report should include appropriate energy examples of merger and acquisition deals during the oil price drop of
2014 to 2016, and should critically analyze the challenges and benefits of merger and acquisition as a strategy within
the energy sector.
The report should not analyse any ongoing merger or acquisition deals.
Word Limit: 2,500 words (with 10% plus or minus leeway)
Total Marks for Assignment: 100
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.