1 PARAGRAPH TO ONE PAGE PAPER watch Episode One of the Designing Healthy CommunitiesNew Urbanism Principles describe a philosophy of neighborhood design taken from the book Suburban Nation: The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American DreamThe principles suggest that a community should promote walkability, the state of accommodating walking. To do that, the authors recommend the following: streets should be narrow and sidewalks wide; services should be located close to residences; garages should be in back, off of alleys; houses should be close together and close to the street; a mixture of homes of varying sizes and costs should be spread throughout the community to promote diversity. The design of the homes themselves should encourage interaction with neighbors and a sense of place. A full list of the principles can be found here: http://www.newurbanism.org/newurbanism/principles.html“New Urbanism” proposes a “smart growth” development plan of the country’s sprawling suburbs. The article Neighborhood Design and Walking Trips in Ten US Metropolitan Area.Pdf discusses how neighborhood design impacts walkability in U.S. cities.After reading the article above and researching the New Urbanism Smart Score card criteria, how would you rate your community, the place you are using for your Portfolio Project?This week, look around where you live to see if you can spot any of these New Urbanism design principles in buildings or neighborhoods. (Keep in mind that the structures would probably be less than 10 years old.) Post descriptions of these buildings or neighborhoods along with any information you can find online about the building or site as to why the project was undertaken. If you can’t find any New Urbanism designs at work where you live, go online and find 3-4 structures or neighborhood elements that illustrate these design principles. Describe their history and why they were built. discuss the following points:Does your community suffer from urban sprawl?Is your community at risk of (greater) urban sprawl in the future?How would New Urbanism designs help to reduce problems you see in your community?Are there any policies or laws in place that would help reduce urban sprawl in your community?Location: CHICAGO, ILbook: https://books.google.com/books?id=aBNu7zLlcRcC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.