The incident response center has been contacted by the President of the
company. . He has one simple request. He needs you to do some data recovery and
recover some data from a simple file. He also wants to know what happened to
the file, in case he is being “hacked”.
The President has a personal USB flash device that contains a series of
directories with information that did not pertain to the company and he wanted
to keep separate from the information on the company’s servers.. One directory
of special interest is called SAINTBNK and includes an important file. The file
contains the account number. This number is required for him to access his
off-shore bank online. The bank is on the Island of Guernsey and is not readily
accessible. To minimize money laundering, the bank rules require an in-person
visit to obtain details of a specific account, including the account number.
The President is unable to travel to the island at this time but needs to
access his account to make payments on his private plane. The files are not
encrypted as the USB rarely leaves the President’s office and does not contain
any official company confidential information..
The President had given the USB to the company accountant to work on another
issue, but the accountant accidently reformatted the USB drive. Now the files
are no longer readable. He did not want to use the company resources initially,
so he had a private forensic expert came in and they made an image of the file.
However, the President did not trust him to retrieve the data as he believes
the account number to be very sensitive and the expert was boasting about his
knowledge of bank hacking. The image is attached.
The President states that he needs that 18 digit account number (3 sets of 6
digits separated by hyphens). The file is *very* important and he would like to
recover the file exactly as it was.
Your assignment is to look at the file image and recover the file using ant
forensic tools. You will also prepare a detailed report for the President that
includes the following:
The account number ;
A description of your hypothesis as to what
happened to make the file “disappear”;
A description of how you recovered the data; and
A recommendation on how he should protect his
account number that would prevent this problem from happening again.
If you cannot find the account number describe the steps that you went
through to find the data.
Note: I will function as the “President” who lost the data and has
contacted the incident response center. Feel free to “interview me”
and ask any further information that you feel necessary, via email.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.