Application: Technology and Cyber-Stalking
Rapidly advancing technologies
present both challenges to and solutions for law enforcement. One challenge
related to the tracking and apprehension of cyber-stalkers revolves around
jurisdiction. A cyber-stalker could harass you from around the block, another
state, or across the world. This creates jurisdictional issues that must be
taken into consideration when new legislation is developed related to
cyber-stalking. Another challenge is determining the appropriate penalty for
cyber-stalking. Stalking is a crime that leaves emotional scars, which can make
the damage difficult to assess.
As criminals use technology in new
ways for cyber-stalking, law enforcement agencies use technology in new ways
for tracking and apprehending cyber-stalkers. Many of the larger law
enforcement agencies have computer crime units and receive training from
For this assignment, think about ways
law enforcement might use technology to track and apprehend cyber-stalkers.
Consider challenges law enforcement might face in tracking the behavior of
cyber-stalkers. Then review penalties for engaging in cyber-stalking behavior
in your state or country of residence. Think about the degree to which the
penalties are adequate for penalizing cyber-stalkers.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
Describe three ways law enforcement might use technology to track
and apprehend cyber-stalkers.
Explain at least two challenges law enforcement may face in
tracking the behavior of cyber-stalkers.
Explain penalties for engaging in cyber-stalking behavior in your
state or country of residence.
Explain whether the penalties you identified are adequate for
penalizing cyber-stalkers or not
Two or three pages with
at least three references….
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the
assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT
presenting an explanation from the readings.
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for
this assignments 1) look at the page limits 2) review and follow APA rules
3) create SUBHEADINGS to identify the key sections you are presenting and
4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
Course Text: Taylor,
R. W., Fritsch, E. J., & Liederbach, J. (2015). Digital crime and
digital terrorism. (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Chapter 8, “Sex
Crimes, Victimization, and Obscenity on the World Wide Web” (review)
Article: Basu, S.,
& Jones, R. (2007). Regulating cyberstalking. Journal of
Information, Law and Technology, (2).
crawlies: Cyber-stalking. (2011). The Economist, 399(8730), 63–64.
Blumenthal introduce mobile privacy legislation. (2011). Telecommunications
Reports, 77(13), 12–13.
Article: Reyns, B. W.
(2010). A situational crime prevention approach to cyberstalking
victimization: Preventive tactics for Internet users and online place
managers. Crime Prevention and Community Safety, 12(2), 99–118.
Article: Roberts, L.
(2008). Jurisdictional and definitional concerns with computer-mediated
interpersonal crimes: An analysis on cyber stalking. International Journal
of Cyber Criminology, 2(1), 271–285.
Working to Halt Online Abuse (WHOA). (2016) Cyberstalking-related federal and
state laws. Retrieved from http://www.haltabuse.org/resources/laws
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.