what does it mean to be a leader ?
Terri has completed her degree in Human Resource Management. She was very excited to start her new position working in a human resource department of a major corporation. One month into her position, she realizes that all her knowledge of human resource tools, guidelines, compliance, and recruiting did not prepare her for the complexities of being in a human resource position with the need to lead and influence others.
Human resource professionals provide a unique role in an organization. While they may lead a team, their true test of leadership comes from their relationships and influence throughout the organization. They may be called upon to partner in the implementation of organizational strategies. They may be sought out to coach leaders in ways to handle employee relationships. They may be needed to enforce and guide human resource policies. In all cases, the strength of the individual leadership skills comes into play.
This week, you will explore the basic ideas of what it means to be a leader, how leadership is unique for human resources professionals, and what leadership means to you. As you complete this week’s activities, think about Terri from the above scenario.
The course text The Leadership Experience is a wonderful compilation of the movement of leadership theories from historical perspectives to today. It would be difficult for you to research compilations of leadership theories in the same clear and focused manner as this text. The first chapter provides a well-rounded foundation which will be useful for your first assignment.
Daft, R. L. (2018). The leadership experience (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
Chapter 1, “What Does It Mean to Be a Leader?”
USE THE TEXT ABOVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS BELOW:
Daft, the author of The Leadership Experience, discusses the new reality for leaders on pages 8–14. As you review, respond to the following:
Identify the two roles that resonate with you. Why are these roles the most appropriate for you as a leader?
Give examples of how you have used these roles in your personal or professional life.
Support your ideas with course concepts and ideas. Be explicit in your use of course material. Use APA style and format for in-text citations and references.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.