Case Study 2
Maria is a sedentary, 68-year-old woman who is overweight. She
complains that her hands and feet are always cold, and she tires quickly when
cleaning the house. At her most recent visit to her doctor, her blood pressure
was 184/98 mm Hg. She has edema around her ankles and legs, and her physician
is concerned about an echocardiogram that indicates Maria has an enlarged
1. Identify two
reasons why Maria will have tissue ischemia. How might this lead to hypoxia?
2. What two early
and reversible changes occur to tissue cells when they are hypoxic?
3. What specific type of cellular adaptation has
taken place in Maria’s enlarged heart? What made you come to this conclusion?
4. Predict why Maria’s heart has become enlarged.
Why doesn’t this enlargement give her the same cardiac strength and endurance
as a well-trained athlete?
finalizing your work, you should:
Ensure you have written at least four double-spaced pages.
be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as
consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make
sure you have included everything necessary; and
utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct
grammar, punctuation, etc.);
be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original
display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics;
use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.