Henryprofessor:Assignment on the Mozart Effect.Assignment 3: The Mozart Effect
In this assignment, you will read an article about the Mozart effect and identify various parts of the
research process. This exercise will help you learn how to read a research article and to understand the
Read the following article:
Rauscher, F. H., Shaw, G. L., & Ky, K. N. (1993). Music and spatial task performance. Nature,
365. 6447: 611. (October 14, 1993). (ProQuest Document ID 76004658).
In your article summary, respond to the following questions:
State the research hypothesis in your own words. Identify the independent and dependent
What were some variables the researchers controlled in their study? Why was this necessary?
What evidence do the researchers offer as a test of their hypothesis? Is this evidence empirical
(observable)? Is it valid?
What explanation do the researchers offer for their findings? Does the evidence justify this
Read the following article:
Jenkins, J.S. (2001). The Mozart effect. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, 94, 170-172.
Based on your readings, respond to the following:
Do you think there is any merit in the study (Rauscher, Shaw, & Ky, 1993)? Give three reasons
for your position.
Does the study take individual differences in spatial ability into account? Explain your answer.
What are two ways in which the experiment could be modified to make the results more
Write a 5–6-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file
naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, July 20, 2016, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
Accurately identified and described the research hypothesis and
variables studied in the research article. Identified any control
variables, and explained the necessity of controlling them.
Evaluated validity of the evidence presented as a test of the
hypothesis in the research article.
Evaluated interpretation of results in the research article.
Critically assessed the merit of the research study providing at
least three reasons.
Evaluated whether the test took into account individual differences
in spatial ability giving reasons.
Suggested at least two ways to modify the experiment to make the
results more generalizable.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated
ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of
sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.