Please do a paragraph about this post with this instruction . post most have 4 or more sentences . you also have to have a high quality post from a content perspective. This means it also needs to do more than agree with or praise a class mate. If you agree with a classmate, explain why, give an example, share what you learned in the readingsSome years back majority of elderly people died in their home, but with the new trends of medical technology today, the end of life care has changed. Presently by research, most Americans are in hospitals or nursing homes for rehabilitation or for palliative care (End-of-Life) because of the inability to take care of themselves due to illness. Also, they may unexpectedly admit to the hospital with a life-threatening illness. Most elderly people do not die in their own homes because they lack caregivers, their family may be too occupied with work/school activities. So, they opted to help their loved ones out to go to a nursing home or assisted living for either rehabilitation or palliative/hospice care. According to BMC Medicine, there is some evidence showing better results on psychological, social, and holistic measures of well-being in the last few weeks or days of life for patients dying at home compared to the hospital. Some research claimed that there may be no way to control pain in a patient dying at home which may be the reason their loved ones take them to the hospital or nursing home for proper pain management. Also in one of the research done in the UK, it was reported that there are lots of grief among relatives of patients who died at home. This may be why we have seen a decrease of elderly deaths at home. Most elderly people prefer to die at home because of the familiarity with the environment where they maintain control and greater freedom than in a hospital or even inpatient hospice. It is very difficult to deal with a patient that is in end-of-life care because you are not only caring for the patient but also the family. According to the Nursezone research from the California Healthcare Foundation highlights how far apart people’s desires are from reality. Seventy percent of respondents said they would prefer to die at home, but in 2009, only 32 percent of deaths in California occurred at home. Nearly 80 percent of those investigated said they would prefer to talk with a doctor about end-of-life care, but only 7 percent really had that conversation. With these results it can be hard to help a patient decide about care if they are not sure about what they want. It is very important to educate my patient and talk with them on the options chosen by the patient or the family. For instance, if the patient is like about 85 years and above, and the family are demanding for CPR or still want the patient’s status remains a full code, I would have to sit them down, explain, and make them aware that even with all the measures to save his or her life, there will be no tangible quality of life and performing CPR on elderly patient would be very traumatic to the patient. As a nurse caring for a palliative patient, advocacy is significant.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.