On July 7,
2016, 25-year-old Micah Johnson, an African American, drove his car to a rally
against police violence and then began killing officers in downtown Dallas,
hoping to single out the white one (Fausset, Fernandez, & Blinder, 2016).
He brought the war back home and killed a fellow military veteran (Fausset, at
al., 2016). Mr. Johnson continued training after the Army reserve by conducting
military-style exercises in his backyard and he joined a gym that offered
martial arts and weapons classes (Fausset, et al., 2016). Mr. Johnson showed an
affinity for radical black-power organizations on his Facebook page (Fausset,
et al., 2016).
stereotypes contributed to this because he was a black male only shooting white
people. He wanted all the white cops to die. He was upset that a lot of white
cops were shooting black people and he thought this was a way to get revenge.
One strategy that
might reduce stereotypes is problem-oriented policing (POP) (Black & Kari,
2010). POP helps police focus their attention and resources on the causes of
crime rather than the crimes themselves (Black & Kari, 2010). POP is
believed to reduce tension in multicultural communities and improve relations
between police and minorities (Black & Kari, 2010). Police officers need to
focus on the crimes and not what color the person was that committed the crime.
Black, P. J., & Kari, C. J. (2010). Policing diverse
communities: Do gender and minority status make a difference? Journal of
Ethnicity in Criminal Justice, 8(3), 216–229.
Fausset, R., Fernandez, M., & Blinder, A. (2016). Micah
Johnson, Gunman in Dallas, Honed Military Skills to a Deadly Conclusion.
Nytimes.com. Retrieved 18 July 2016, from http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/us/dallas-quiet-after-police-shooting-but-protests-flare-elsewhere.html
Respond to the bold paragraph ABOVE by using one of the option below… in APA format with At least two reference…..
Offer and support the opinion from
having read your colleagues’ postings.
Expand on your colleagues’ postings.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.