Project 3 and 5 Rubric
Top of Form
90 – 100%
80 – 89%
79 – 0%
Exceeds Performance Expectations
Meets Performance Expectations
Does Not Meet Performance Expectations
Critical Thinking / Originality
Always identifies the correct issue, collects and evaluates information, and applies logical, step-by-step decision-making processes to articulate clear, defensible ideas.
Clear evidence of originality. Quoted content includes quotation marks and correct APA in-text citation including the page or paragraph number depending on the format of the source. Non-quoted content that needs to be cited provides correct APA in-text citation. The reference list includes cited sources only. There is no evidence of copying and pasting or other types of plagiarism.
Indicates an exceptional understanding of the topic (connecting it with our readings or other sources).
Usually identifies the correct issue, collects and evaluates information, and applies logical, step-by-step decision-making processes to articulate clear, defensible ideas.
Clear evidence of originality. Quoted content includes quotation marks and an in-text citation that may contain errors or fail to include the page or paragraph number. Non-quoted content that needs to be cited, provides a mostly-accurate APA in-text citation. The reference list includes cited sources and may erroneously include sources that were not cited. There is no evidence of copying and pasting and or other types of plagiarism.
Indicates a satisfactory understanding of the topic.
Rarely identifies the correct issue, collects insufficient information, and does not apply a logical step-by-step decision-making process to articulate clear, defensible ideas.
Lacks clear evidence of original thoughts. May contain too many quotations thus rendering the paper a series of quotes and not a reflection of what the student thought about and wrote. May include inaccurate in-text citations. The reference list may erroneously include sources that were not cited, contain APA formatting errors, and or failed to provide the source for cited content. May contain evidence of copying and pasting and or other types of plagiarism. Or did not submit.
Indicates a limited understanding of the topic, reflecting what other students have already posted or repeating information that was in the assigned reading.
Or did not submit.
Even, balanced information effectively supports a central purpose or thesis and displays a thoughtful in-depth analysis of a topic. Reader gains insights.
The information provides firm support for thesis and displays evidence of a basic analysis. The reader gains some insights.
Neither purpose nor thesis clearly present. Information seems random. Analysis is vague or not evident. Reader is confused or misinformed.
Ideas are arranged logically to support the purpose. Ideas floI. Title: Technology Explorer Presentation
Congratulations! Your presentation was a big success! Your boss AND colleagues
were very impressed. In fact, based on your presentation, your boss (professor) is
eager to learn more about your topic and has requested that you research the topic
further and provide a written report addressing the analytical mindset and influences
on the analytical mindset. He has included his expectations below.
He reminds you that an analytics mindset is the ability to:
• Ask the right questions
• Extract, transform and load relevant data
• Apply appropriate data analytics techniques
• Interpret and share the results with stakeholders
Furthermore, understanding the current and future technology can influence every
aspect of an analytics mindset by:
• Changing the questions you ask,
• altering how you work with data,
• requiring you to apply different or new data analytics techniques and
• influencing how you share your results with stakeholders.
You are pleased that your boss liked your presentation. Big win! You also enjoyed
learning about your topic so researching it further will be fun.
III. Steps to Completion:
Step 1: Augment your research from Project 2
Step 2: Draft your written report
Your boss has requested that you provide a written report from your augmented
research from project 2.
• Analytical Mindset: The addition to this part of the case is addressing the
analytical mindset and influences of the analytical mindset.
• Written report: You will prepare a maximum seven-page report on your topic.
The report, similar to the presentation, should be a brief summary of the topic
and explain how the topic affects or could affect business and accounting.
Meaningful graphics are encouraged.
• APA Style: The report should be in proper APA 6th style with appropriate
heading and references. The report must be a maximum of 7 pages in length
(plus a cover page and references), with double spacing and one-inch
margins. APA style guidelines should be utilized for the entire paper.
• Headings: Be sure to include appropriate headings to address all components
of the report. At a minimum, you should have Topic Summary, Business
Implications, and Accounting implication specifically addressing cybersecurity
concerns, forensic or fraud accounting.
As requested, you submit your report to your boss for review.
• 7-page maximum report in APA style
V. Hints and Tips:
• Start this project early in the semester.
• Search the UMGC library for scholarly sources on your chosen topic
• Review and refresh your memory of APA style formatting.
• Prepare a draft version at least 3 weeks before it is due.
• Ask a classmate, friend, or family member to read your report before submitting it
to the Graduate Writing Center.
• Submit your draft to the Graduate Writing Tutors at least 2 weeks before it is due.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.