Please, see attachment for instructionsInstructions: Timeline Activity
There are two timeline assignments in this course. The first is during Week 3 and
focuses on the New Deal Program. The second is during Week 5 and focuses on the
Great Society programs.
The purpose of these assignments is to reinforce the idea that context matters in
social welfare policy. That is why you are asked to identify 3 political, 3 economic
and 3 socio-cultural events for two very important eras where social legislation was
1. New Deal program (1933-39)
2. Great Society programs (1963-68)
What is considered a political event? An election, person in administration, passage
of legislation, assassination and/or something related to a key public figure is a
political event. What are key economic events? Events that impact the state of
economy in significant ways. What are considered key socio-cultural events? Events
that impact or influence the national mood, public opinions, values, ideologies, or
Assignment Components for Each Timeline
1. Visual representation of key timeline events
2. Two page descriptive narrative of timeline that analyzes sociocultural impact
of social welfare legislation within its historical context.
3. Timeline review in small group discussion
1. Visual Representation of Timeline
Create a timeline that highlights at least 3 key events from the political environment,
3 key events from the economic environment, and 3 key events from the sociocultural environment that led to the development of the social welfare policies.
Be sure to label the events you choose as political, economic, or socio-cultural. It’s
true that many of them can fall into more than one category, but the importance lies
in your thinking and analysis about why you chose one more than another.
2. Descriptive narrative of the timeline
Write a narrative description of your timeline that describes and explains the sociopolitical-economic context of the development of the social welfare programs. Your
narrative should reflect a command of college level academic discourse, spelling, and
Limit paper to 2 double-spaced pages, not including the cover page and the
reference page. Please stick to page limits.
Be sure to use APA format for references and layout of paper (cover page and
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx – Mac users,
please remember to append the “.doc ” extension to the filename.) The name of
the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and
the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date.
Since you are working in pairs you will include both of your names in your file
submission. Only one file submission will be required from the pair.
An example is shown below:
3. Timeline Review: small group discussion
Since each pair will likely select different events, you will post your timelines to your
small group, but these small groups will be ‘visible’ to all members of the class. That
way you can all see each others’ timelines and how different people approached the
assignment, and broaden your understanding of the events of those times.
Remember that although you will be able to see ALL timelines, you are to discuss
them ONLY in your small groups.
Due dates: Weeks 3 and 5
1. Timeline submissions are due by on Wednesday at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time.
2. First discussion prompt is due on Friday at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time.
3. Responses are due by Sunday at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time.
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.