Watch A Class Divided (1985) and read Intergroup Contact Theory (Pettigrew, 1998). Consider these sources as you complete the Assignment.Choose any group of which you are not a member. Possible dimensions from which you may select your group include: race, gender, social class, nationality, sexual identity, (dis)ability, rural versus urban status, religious belief, incarceration/criminal history, occupational status, victim, military status, and so on. Explain why you selected this group.Describe stereotypes, prejudice, and/or discrimination directed toward members of this group.Use concrete examples to illustrate (e.g., advertisements that depict members of the group in a stereotypical manner, statements you have overheard expressing affective reactions to the group, policies that discriminate in favor or/against the group, etc.). Consider both negative and positive stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.Interpret the experiences of members in this group. The goal is to gain a new perspective, so consider spending time immersed in the group. Perhaps you could interview friends, family, or community members, or attend an event hosted by the group. Or, you could present yourself as a member of this group to gauge reactions firsthand. Alternatively, do some online research.Evaluate reactions toward this group in light of concepts covered in the textbook.For example, how might social psychological theory and/or concepts explain the origin of prejudice directed toward the group you are studying? What are the influences on members of this group? Utilize scholarly, peer-reviewed sources to support your points to continue developing your academic voice. (Reminder: Be sure to synthesize and paraphrase the information you share from these articles/sources.)Conclude with a realistic suggestion for reducing prejudice toward members of this group, based on the contact hypothesis (see Pettigrew, 1998, for elaboration).The Walk a Mile paperMust be 3 to 5 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in theAshford Writing Center.Must include a separate title page with the following:A headerTitle of paperStudent’s nameCourse name and numberInstructor’s nameDate submittedMust begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.Must utilize academic voice.Must address the topic with critical thought.Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms the thesis.Must use at least three peer-reviewed scholarly sources. Additional scholarly sources are encouraged.Be sure to integrate your research smoothly rather than simply inserting it.In general, paraphrase material rather than using direct quotes.The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here and here.Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.