Education questionI need a 250-300 word response with 2-3 references:
There are two types of essay questions that are used on tests: restricted response and
extended response. Stiggins and Chappius are cited that a restricted response essay
question measures the students level of comprehension and analysis (as cited by Burden
& Byrd, 2013). These responses are typically confined to a specific length because it is
all based on specific aspects of the information. On the other hand, an extended response
question would be based on factual knowledge through evaluation, organization, and
presentation of the information into a smooth and coherent way. Burden and Byrd (2013)
conclude that an extended response would focus on a student’s evaluation and synthesis
A huge benefit in using essay questions on a test is that the teacher will save time in
preparation for the test than objective tests. Also, students will have the opportunity to be
creative in their writings and express personal opinions and thoughts. The questions will
have students thinking at a deeper and more critical level than before to make sure that
each answer thoroughly satisfies the requirement and question asked. When grading
essays, the hardest aspect for the teacher is making sure to do the grading fairly among all
Can you think of a specific example where you have chosen to use an essay and the
experience of preparing and grading this sort of test? What about as a student?
Burden, P., & Byrd, D. (2013). Assessing Student Performance. In Methods for effective
teaching: Meeting the needs of all students (6th ed., pp. 282-310). Boston, MA: Pearson
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.