What Should Education Teach?
W.E.B. Du Bois was the first African American to earn a doctorate
from Harvard. He fought for African American rights and cofounded the
NAACP. Du Bois sought social, economic and political reforms to expand
equality and access for minorities (Pullman & Van Patten).
Watch the short biography of W.E.B. Du Bois on Bio.com. http://www.biography.com/people/web-du-bois-9279924/videos/web-du-bois-mini-biography-15383107870Then reflect on the following quote:
“Education and work are levers to uplift a
people. Work alone will not do it unless inspired by the right ideals
and guided by intelligence. Education must not simply teach work—it
must teach life.” – W. E. B. DuBois, The Negro Problem, 1903
Although this quote is more than 100 years old, the words
still ring true for our society today. Please explain what you think
“Education must not simply teach work—it must teach life” meant then
and what it means now.
Recommended Resource: Short History of W.E.B. DuBois – http://www.naacp.org/pages/naacp-history-w.e.b.-dubois
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.