Snake Creek Company has one trusted employee who, as the owner said, handles all of the book-keeping and paperwork for the company. This employee is responsible for counting, verifying, and recording cash receipts and payments, making the weekly bank deposit, preparing checks for major expenditures (signed by the owner), making small expenditures from the cash register for daily expenses, and collecting accounts receivable. The owners asked the local bank for a $ 20,000 loan. The bank asked that an audit be performed covering the year just ended. The independent auditor ( a local CPA), in a private conference with the owner, presented some evidence of the following activities of the trusted employee during the past year:a. Cash sales sometimes were not entered in the cash register, and the trusted employee pocketed approximately $ 50 per month.b. Cash taken from the cash register ( and pocketed by the trusted employee) was replaced with expense memos with fictitious signatures ( approximately $ 12 per day).c. $ 300 collected on an account receivable from a valued out- of- town customer was pocketed by the trusted employee and was covered by making a $ 300 entry as a debit to Sales Returns and a credit to Accounts Receivable.d. $ 800 collected on an account receivable from a local customer was pocketed by the trusted employee and was covered by making an $ 800 entry as a debit to Sales Discounts and a credit to Accounts Receivable.Required:1. What was the approximate amount stolen during the past year?TIP: Assume employees work 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year.2. What would be your recommendations to the owner?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.